In order to avoid impediments and obstacles:
At check-in stand the documents are checked- ID Card or passport (with visa, if applicable). Passengers are obliged to hold necessary and valid documents (e.g., valid ID Card) and ticket or booking confirmation. At the stand also the registered handling luggage is performed. During the check-in passengers receive boarding cards with the enclosed luggage registration confirmation. Check-in stands are opened 90 minutes before departure, and closed 30 minutes before the scheduled departure.
After luggage registration passenger go to boarding cards and safety check, performed by authorized officers of airport security services. Out of concern for passengers’ comfort and safety, cabin and personal luggage is also subject to safety check, during which the safety control officer checks, among other, for objects prohibited to carry. In case of detecting prohibited object in the cabin luggage, the officer is obliged to remove and seize it. In case of sensitive articles, permitted for transport in cabin luggage, such as foodstuffs up to 100ml volume, and others, it is necessary to have transparent bags allowing for direct control of the object. Before travel we recommend reading the safety control instructions, list of forbidden/prohibited articles in case of cabin luggage and instructions for securing sensitive articles. At present, in the terminal of Airport Zielona Góra there is no possibility to store items of value for passengers in luggage compartments.
After check-in and safety check, passengers travelling to destinations outside Schengen zone undergo documents check performed by border guards. Passengers travelling to EU destinations within Schengen zone do not have additional documents check.
Member States of Schengen Agreement:
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Spain, Holland, Iceland, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Latvia, Malta, Germany, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Sweden, Hungary and Italy.
Entering the apron and boarding a plane takes place via the exit/gate. Passengers who leave departure hall heading to the plane are accompanied with a flight attendant and are obliged to obey the instructions. Before leaving departure hall we ask for making sure if cabin luggage and personal items are not left in the hall/departure zone. Passengers are obliged to bear all the documents with them (e.g. valid ID documents and boarding card) required by the carrier.
Travelling with pets
Jeżeli chcesz zabrać w podróż zwierzę domowe (kota, psa lub fretkę) większość linii lotniczy oferuje taką możliwość. Prosimy o zapoznanie z niniejszymi informacjami. Miejsce przewozu zwierzęcia – w kabinie pasażerskiej lub w luku bagażowym samolotu – uzależnione jest od jego wagi i wielkości.
Rezerwując lub kupując bilet należy od razu poinformować przewoźnika o chęci przewiezienia zwierzęcia (nie każda linia lotnicza oferuje możliwość przewozu zwierząt), zapoznać się z informacjami Głównego Inspektoratu Weterynarii oraz skontaktować się z konsulatem kraju do którego zwierzę będzie leciało aby uzyskać informacje o niezbędnych dokumentach i badaniach. W przypadku przewożenia nietypowych zwierząt polecamy skontaktować się również ze Służbą Celną aby uzyskać informacje o dokumentach niezbędnych do przewozu.
Zasady transportu zwierząt regulują przepisy, które w zależności od linii lotniczych mogą się różnić.
Dla Twojego komfortu podróży i innych pasażerów, na pokład możemy zabrać tylko ograniczoną liczbę zwierząt, dlatego chęć zabrania ze sobą pupila powinieneś zgłosić konsultantowi u danego przewoźnika lotniczego w Call Center (np. w LOT- Contact Center pod numerem: +48 22 577 77 55). Radzimy, abyś to zrobił możliwie jak najszybciej – najlepiej po zarezerwowaniu biletu i z wyprzedzeniem minimum 24 godzin przed wylotem. W Contact Center potwierdzisz również możliwość przewozu zwierzęcia na danym rejsie.
Zwierzęta możesz przewozić na trzy sposoby:
- na pokładzie samolotu w pojemniku,
- w luku bagażowym,
- w luku bagażowym – jako cargo.
Pamiętaj jednak, że sposób przewozu zwierzęcia jest uzależniony od wagi i wielkości pupila oraz od przepisów kraju docelowej podróży.
W przypadku osiągnięcia limitu liczby zwierząt przewożonych na danym rejsie – zarówno na pokładzie, jak i pod pokładem – zastrzegamy sobie możliwość odmowy przewozu zwierzęcia.
W celu zapewnienia komfortu i bezpieczeństwa przewożonych zwierząt, linie lotnicze stosują standardy Międzynarodowego Stowarzyszenia Przewoźników Lotniczych (IATA).
Wszystkie niestandardowe zapytania proszę rozpatrywać indywidualnie kontaktując się bezpośrednio z danym przewoźnikiem lotniczym.
Registered luggage cannot contain:
- valuables, including money,
- noble metals, jewellery,
- documents and trademarks, passports, ID documents and other securities,
- electronic devices and optical instruments (that is computers, laptops, cameras, mobile phones, camcorders with accessories, eyepieces), medications, keys, etc.
- objects not suitable for carriage due to their properties and characteristics, including type, weight, size and proneness to deterioration, fragility and tenderness, proneness to breaking or particular vulnerability,
- dangerous or harmful objects that may pose threat to the plane, people or objects on board. If despite the prohibition the passenger carries the aforementioned in the luggage, their carriage takes place upon the liability of the passenger.
It is prohibited to carry:
- explosives, e.g. firecrackers, fireworks, flammable materials- solid and liquid, e.g. spirits, gas for lighters, solvents, cleaning agents, paints, matches, bleaches; radioactive materials; compressed gases e.g. aerosols with flammable contents, camping gas, poisonous (toxic) substances and infectious substances e.g. pesticides, mercury, microbe and viruses cultures; corrosive substances; other dangerous items e.g. with strong magnetic field.
The list of some dangerous materials, permitted to carry only in the registered luggage (not permitted in the cabin luggage):
- camping stoves and fuel containers, containing flammable fuel can be carried on condition that the container is emptied and special safety means are observes to prevent possible accidents.
- wheelchairs or other equipment facilitating movement, driven by dry battery, on condition that the battery is disconnected, terminals of the battery are insulated against possible short circuit and the battery is firmly fixed in the wheelchair.
- note: wheelchairs and other equipment facilitating movement, driven by gel batteries do not require disconnection of power, in conditions that the terminals are insulated, protecting against possible short circuits.
- wheelchairs or other equipment facilitating the mobility, driven with batteries filled with acid.
- aerosols without additional risk, for sports or domestic purposes.
Due to safety reasons, you luggage can be checked by safety services, for the activities and results of activities of whom, as per general conditions of carriage, the carriers is not liable.
Note: The carrier can refuse to accept registered luggage if the luggage is not packed in the way guaranteeing safe carriage with usual handling with care. The carrier is not liable for items contained in the luggage that are easy to break or spoil and for money, jewellery and other valuable items, documents, commercial samples etc. The carriage of these items takes place for exclusive passenger’s risk and liability.
Cabin and hand luggage
The hand luggage should be placed in the upper shelf on board or over the preceding seat. During boarding, every hand luggage, which does not fulfil the aforementioned conditions, is directed to the luggage compartment for the period of flight and is returned to the passenger after the touch-down. In such a case, before directing luggage to the compartment, all the valuables (such as computer, money, keys, documents, etc.) should be taken out by the passenger and taken on board, maximum dimensions of cabin luggage/hand luggage are specified by each airline separately.
Note: Exceeding the permissible hand luggage limit may be subject to additional fee as per regulations referring to extra luggage. Additionally, in the scope of ticket price, as a hand luggage, a passenger can take:
- woman’s handbag or man’s bag or laptop (dimensions 40 cm x 35 cm x 12 cm)
- for people travelling with children- food and collapsible baby stroller or pushchair
Disabled people can take the following items necessary for the course of journey:
- wheelchair (wheelchair will be loaded to the luggage compartment and will be returned to the passenger after touch-down)
- crutches or other medical equipment for personal use
Information concerning items prohibited to take on board (limitations concerning the liquids in hand luggage).
In case of flights starting in Europe, you can take liquids on board only in limited quantities. The definition of liquid substances includes, among others:
- gels (e.g. hair gel, shower gel),
- cosmetics in form of fluid (lip gloss, make-up base, mascara),
- creams, conditioners and olives,
- pressurized liquid substances (for instance, shaving gels, deodorants),
- water and other beverages, soups, syrups,
- other substances with similar texture.
Containers with fluids and similar products of 100 ml each (maximum capacity printed on the label of the product). All the containers with fluids should be placed in a plastic bad not exceeding 1 litre.
in order to increase comfort of journey and limit troublesome situations during safety check, particularly for the passengers who change planes, since 31 January 2014 in EU there are changed principles of carriage of fluids, aerosols and gels.
Not all the limitations shall be abolished. Still only certain categories of liquids will be allowed to carry in the cabin/hand luggage. All the carried liquids must be presented in the safety check point of EU airports separately from the luggage. The following are permitted:
- liquids in containers up to 100 ml packed in transparent single bag, with possibility to open and close, with up to 1 litre capacity;
- dietary products and medications, including food for children for the time of flight;
- liquids purchased in duty-free shops of any airport or airline, on condition of packing in the original package according to the following pattern:
The bag cannot be opened by the passenger to the time of reaching destination, except for situation the personnel performing checks asks for it. If passengers have a subsequent flight, they should inform the personnel performing safety check, so that the purchased liquid is packed again in a new bag. In case of duty-free goods, bags cannot have signs of opening or tearing and they should be accompanied with the proof of purchase.
Despite these changes, the personnel performing safety check on the airport, is entitled to refuse entry on board in case of passengers holding liquids arising safety concerns. All other liquids, aerosols and gels must be placed in the registered luggage. The list of some dangerous materials, permitted to carry only in the cabin luggage (not permitted for the registered luggage):
- barometers and thermometers containing mercury by representatives of government institution for weather or related issues.
- Lithium-ion batteries of the capacity over 100wh, but not exceeding 160 wh, used for electronic devices, not more than two reserve batteries can be transported exclusively in hand luggage. Each battery must be separately secured to avoid short circuit. The device equipped with such a battery can be placed in registered luggage as well as in cabin luggage.
- reserve lithium or lithium-ion batteries or chargers for electronic devices can be transported only in cabin luggage. The batteries have to be separately protected against short circuit.
- fuel-cell systems and reserve fuel elements (cartridges), supplying mobile electronic devices (e.g. cameras, mobile phones, mobile computers and camcorders).
Carriage of weapons
Carriage of weapons and ammunition has to be reported to the airlines at least 48 hours before departure to one of the units specified below:
- sales point of PLL LOT,
- call centre,
- sale representatives of PLL LOT,
The conditions for carriage of hunting weapons/ sports weapon including bows – permitted only on presentation of necessary licenses and permits, and the conditions of carriage of this type of luggage are specified by airlines as per standards and general conditions in this scope.
The weapons mentioned above, depending on airlines, is subject to additional fees, if it is transported in special cases as separate luggage. Small weapon packed to registered luggage in the scope of the limit is not subject to additional fees. Bows, safely packed, can be transported only as registered luggage. Such luggage is counted to the limit of registered luggage. The transport of ammunition is allowed as per the provisions specified by the airline.
Before the departure, please read the regulations concerning the carriage of weapons and dangerous goods available directly from a given carrier.